Welcome back to Social Digest, the fortnightly round up of all things social, straight from Social@Ogilvy London. This week hear about Instagram, brand fails, and the new trailer for Ant Man (and, unfortunately for Paul Rudd, it seems it is too late to change the name). Enjoy!
3 THINGS YOU NEED TO KNOW
- Instagram now dominates Twitter on engagement, not just users
- A teen’s eye view of social media. While it’s an insightful post, it is just a window into one teen’s opinion and usage habits. For more perspectives, click onto the comments on the right hand side
In other news…
- Virgin Trains saves this poor man from a loo roll predicament, via Twitter
- Congrats Pepsi, this week you made it onto the (still fairly short) list of YouTube pre-roll ads I didn’t skip past
- Redditors smelled a rat when Nissan & Renault’s CEO conducted an AMA (Ask Me Anything)
- In a move towards a more tailored stream, Twitter rolls out a ‘while you were away’ recap feature
- Get your brand’s social profiles into the first page of Google’s results
- Google’s customisable phone, Project Ara, is coming to Puerto Rico this year
- Pinterest will soon be home to more ads, but they’ll blend right in
- And finally, Facebook at work?
Just for fun
- And finally, think your year was off to a bad start? You’ve got it easy
Worth a Watch
- The first trailer for Marvel’s Ant Man has landed (Related: the second Avengers trailer is here too)
GIF of the Fortnight
“I dare you to throw that onto the ice”
Cheers, see you in two weeks,
PS Am I the only one who thinks this is a bit of an eggs-aggeration?
PPS I saw Birdman yesterday – believe the hype, it’s great.